
Now that I finished reading The Great Gilly Hopkins, I would love to read more books written by the same author, Katherine Paterson.
I went on the internet last night, and bought 10 more books by Katherine Paterson. I can't wait for the books to come in the mail!
By the way, I've just learned that she has a website. It seems like a lot of famous authors have websites where they talk about their own lives and books they've written. Cool, isn't it?
I went on the internet last night, and bought 10 more books by Katherine Paterson. I can't wait for the books to come in the mail!
By the way, I've just learned that she has a website. It seems like a lot of famous authors have websites where they talk about their own lives and books they've written. Cool, isn't it?
why do u want to buy more of Katherine?She wrote bad words like hell!SO tell me how is this book going so far.Is it bad or good to read?
ReplyDeleteI just read the first chapter, and it sounds very interesting so far. The story is about twin girls who are very different from each other. My husband is also a twin, so maybe I will understand him more by the time I finish this book. We'll see.
ReplyDeleteI know Katherine Paterson used curse words like hell in her book, but that was to show how rough Gilly was. She didn't mean to encourage her readers to use that word in real life!
ohh i see what u mean.
ReplyDeleteThe third graders had the same reaction to The Great Gilly Hopkins. I agree with T. Mayuko. Katherine Paterson used those words to truly express the character. We all know those words are not appropriate in school, but we also know that sometimes we can get so angry, frustrated or upset that things comes out of mouths that we are not proud of. Gilly must have a lot of emotions bottled up inside. Must be rough being Gilly.
ReplyDeleteI think gilly says bad word because she wants to be not the steriotypical kind of a girl.
ReplyDelete